Mariner SocietyThe Mariner Society is the past passenger loyalty program, or cruise club, of Holland America Line. By booking a Holland America cruise with us, we are able to honor all Mariner Society benefits that Holland America offers you, plus we can give you added amenities that they won't. For example, we may be able to give you pre-paid gratuities, onboard credits, champagne, and/or other amenities (based on the exact trip you book). If you'd like to take advantage of Mariner Society benefits you must book with us over the phone and (prior to pricing anything out) mention to the reservations agent that you are a Mariner Society member of Holland America Line. This will ensure that you will get the best deals possible!
Each day you cruise with Holland America Line, you earn Cruise Day credits, plus you can earn additional Cruise Day credits just for doing things you normally may do on a cruise, like having dinner at one of their fabulous specialty restaurants or booking a shore excursion.
There are five levels in Holland America's Mariner Society: Star Mariner, 2-Star Mariner, 3-Star Mariner, 4-Star Mariner, and 5-Star Mariner. Please see below for details regarding each of these levels:
Star Mariner (you become a member after your first Holland America Line cruise)
Every guest that takes a Holland America Line cruise returns as a Star Mariner. It’s their way of saying Welcome Back, and you'll start feeling the special treatment as soon as you come aboard. Star Mariners receive:
• A special invitation to the Welcome Back Embarkation Brunch in the dining room as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
• A special collectible gift presented to you on board
• A free subscription to the print or digital* version of Mariner magazine
• Invitations to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
• Special offers on select sailings
• A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings
2-Star Mariner (at least 30 Cruise Day credits)
2-Star Mariners receive all of the benefits available to Star Mariners, plus:
• A complimentary ship photo
• A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
• A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com
• An annual cruise planner
• A special recognition lapel pin
3-Star Mariner (at least 75 Cruise Day credits)
3-Star Mariners receive all of the benefits available to 2-Star Mariners, plus:
• A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges, all wine packages, all Explorations Café purchases and all mini-bar purchases
• Discounts on select treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
• Advance information on new itineraries
• A waiver of air deviation fees
4-Star Mariner (over 200 Cruise Day credits)
4-Star Mariners receive all of the benefits available to 3-Star Mariners, plus:
• A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges, all wine packages, all Explorations Café purchases and all mini-bar purchases (instead of the 25% discount that 3-Star Mariners receive)
• A complimentary wine tasting session
• Complimentary laundry and pressing services
• A 15% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise) - instead of the 10% discount that 2- and 3-Star Mariners receive.
• Priority disembarkation
• Priority tender
• Priority check-in
• Early notification of shore excursions available for pre-booking
• A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure or Food & Wine magazine (one per household)
• Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings
*Email address required.
5-Star Mariner (over 500 Cruise Day credits)
5-Star Mariners receive all of the benefits available to 4-Star Mariners, plus:
• 50% discount on a 100-minute Internet package (one time only per cruise)
• Two complimentary dinners in the Pinnacle Grill (free surcharge only)
• Complimentary Culinary Arts Center cooking (1 per cruise)
• Complimentary day pass to the Greenhouse Spa & Salon Thermal Suite (1 per cruise)
Earn Bonus Cruise Day Credits
Increase your Mariner Star status simply by enjoying your cruise.
In addition to earning Cruise Day credits for each actual day sailed, there are also easy ways you can earn bonus Cruise Day credits. The more Cruise Day credits you collect, the faster you increase your Mariner Star status, and the more exciting rewards you'll receive:
• Suite Bonus When you book a spacious suite on your next cruise, you'll not only enjoy special amenities, but you also qualify for double Cruise Day credits. For instance, guests who pay full fare for suite accommodations on a 10-day cruise earn 20 Cruise Day credits.
• Onboard Spending Bonus One bonus cruise day credit will be granted for each $300 in onboard purchases. This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. There is a limit of one bonus day for each day sailed, and 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus.
• Guests can earn bonus days for cruises beginning September 18, 2009 in accordance with the Program Launch Schedule.
The information listed on this page is provided by our agency as a courtesy to our web site users. Please verify terms and conditions of this program, and verify all information listed on this page, directly with Holland America Line. We are not responsible for alterations and/or omissions of the Mariner Society benefits and/or policies made by Holland America Line. We are also not responsible if the cruise line does not fulfill any promised amenities of their past passenger program. This program is subject to change at any time, without notice.